Trim and Crop
You can quickly set In and Out points, trim clips in the Timeline, crop, and more.
To trim, locate the trim tool which is denoted by a scissors icon on the left-hand side of the app.
To set the trim path, move the red in and out points to the desired selection or use the timecode or frame number to select a specific point.
- The in-point in the sequence where the clip begins and the out-point in the sequence where the clip ends.
- Press Apply to save the selection.
- To exit Trimming without saving the selection press Cancel.
- To reset the trimming path, use the reset button.
Using Frame Number vs. Timecode
- Allows for more precise control over the range of the selected video.
- This setting will also change the length of Previews in Video AI to be displayed in frames instead of seconds.
To crop, locate the crop tool which is denoted by a crop icon on the left-hand side of the app.
Choose an aspect ratio or set a custom height/ width/ x/ y axis or use the crop handles to adjust the selection.
Keep in mind:
- To save, press Apply.
- To cancel, press Cancel.
- To reset, press the circular Reset button next to the cropping label.