Trim and Crop
You can quickly set In and Out points, trim clips in the Timeline, crop, and more.
To trim, locate the trim tool which is denoted by a scissors icon on the left-hand side of the app.
To set the trim path, move the red in and out points to the desired selection or use the timecode or frame number to select a specific point.
- The in-point in the sequence where the clip begins and the out-point in the sequence where the clip ends.
- Press Apply to save the selection.
- To exit Trimming without saving the selection press Cancel.
- To reset the trimming path, use the reset button.
If at any point you wish to alter the trim selection, press Edit Trim.
Using Frame Number vs. Timecode
To set the trim by frame number, select frame number instead of timecode in the preferences menu.
- Allows for more precise control over the range of the selected video.
- This setting will also change the length of Previews in Video AI to be displayed in frames instead of seconds.
To crop, locate the crop tool which is denoted by a crop icon on the left-hand side of the app.
Choose an aspect ratio or set a custom height/ width/ x/ y axis or use the crop handles to adjust the selection.
Keep in mind:
- To save, press Apply.
- To cancel, press Cancel.
- To reset, press the circular Reset button next to the cropping label.