There are two Topaz Photo AI plugins for Lightroom Classic that are automatically installed:
- a RAW plugin, accessed through File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo
- an external editor plugin, accessed through Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI
The maximum image size when using the plugins is 512 megapixels (512,000,000 pixels total).
The RAW plugin will provide the best image quality results for your photos. We recommend using unedited RAW files with this plugin.
For some file types, Lightroom will prompt you to Overwrite your selected image or to Edit a Copy, which will create a copy of your original image in Lightroom.
The external editor plugin appears under the Edit In option within Lightroom Classic:
The following Lightroom menu will appear after invoking the plugin.
- For RAW files, you must Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.
- For non-RAW files, you can Edit a Copy without your Lightroom adjustments, or Edit Original to overwrite your selected file.
The RAW plugin and the external editor both support batch processing. Select multiple images in the Library Grid or in the Filmstrip and:
- For the RAW plugin, click File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI
- For the external editor, right-click your images and click Edit In > Topaz Photo AI