Remove Noise From An Image
How do we remove noise from images? Download the sample image, open it in Topaz Photo AI, and follow along.
Autopilot analyzes the sample image and will:
- detect strong noise
- turn on Remove Noise
- select the Strong v2 model
- set the slider for Strength and Detail automatically
The autopilot settings produce the below result. Original image (left), remove noise result (right).
A green dot appears next to Remove Noise and the sliders when using autopilot settings.
If you make manual changes, return to autopilot settings by clicking the reset button.
Click the toggle to manually disable/enable Remove Noise.
- The Strength slider controls the amount of noise removed.
- The Detail slider controls minor sharpening on the entire image, recovering detail after noise is removed.
For weaker noise reduction, switch to the Normal model.
- Normal model is for low-medium noise images.
- Normal v2 model is for low-medium noise images with better detail retention and controls.
- Strong model is best for high noise images.
- Strong v2 model is for high noise images with better detail retention and controls.
The sample results show the difference. Original image (left), Normal, Normal v2, Strong, Strong v2 (right).