This filter analyzes the image and intelligently generates new pixels to improve image quality. It cleans up imperfections due to minor noise and reduces blurry edges to increase detail.
When Upscale is used, this filter is always enabled. It is required to produce new pixels in the image.
When to Use
Enhance Resolution can be used without upscaling to:
- reduce noise if Remove Noise removes fine details
- increase details if Sharpen is over-sharpening your image.
- make mild improvements to your image to increase quality further
Enable/disable Enhance Resolution by clicking the toggle.
The Enhance Resolution filter comes with different models for different situations.
For medium-quality images from point-and-shoot cameras and older smartphones
For high-quality images from DSLRs and most modern smartphones
For art and computer-generated images
For low-quality images that have been highly compressed
These models can have up to three sliders to control the processing:
- Suppress Noise: reduces noise in the image
- Remove Blur: improves the details by correcting pixels on edges
- Fix Compression: reduces distortion due to low starting quality