Learn about Gigapixel AI's Features for Enhancements
Change the Aspect Ratio of your image.
Select from different aspect ratios provided in the dropdown menu or set your own custom crop.
To choose a Custom Size:
Click on the Lock symbol to unlock the ratio size
Use the crop corners and lines to move your crop freely.
To undo your custom crop, click on the "Reset" button to return the crop to its original ratio.
Once you have decided on your crop, click "Apply".
Use the Resize Mode to upscale your image.
There are three modes to select from:
- SCALE - upscale your image by a multiplier of up to 6x
- WIDTH - upscale your image by inputting a custom width size
- HEIGHT -upscale your image by inputting a custom height size
Both the WIDTH & HEIGHT options allow you to input a measurement size (pixels, inches, or centimeters) and pixels per inch (PPI). Once you have set your size, your changes are viewable in the File List.
To change PPI to your image:
- Go to Resize Mode > Select Width or Height
- Click on drop down arrow to change the unit of measurement from “PX” (pixels) to “IN” (inches) or “CM” (centimeters)
- The Pixels per Unit will appear.
- Type in your Pixels per Unit first.
- Then go back and type your desired Output Width/Height.
To Input a Custom Scale Multiplier:
1. Resize Mode > Select Scale
2. Click on the box next to "6x" multiplier
3. Type in your custom scale multiplier and press Enter
AI Models are the program filters Topaz Labs has created to determine how to adjust or enhance your images, graphics, digital scans, or artwork.
The Standard AI Model is the overall recommended model to use across a variety of images. This model has been trained to see a variety of files but works best for photos, graphics, and generated images.
The High Fidelity AI Model is trained to study high quality images with high resolution. Images from high end cameras are best. This filter can maintain the original look of images, without creating distortions.
To keep the look of grain or noise in the image, tune down the Minor Denoise and Fix Compression slider for more natural results.
The Art/CG AI Model is best for artwork, drawings, illustrations, and computer generated graphics like Midjourney
Low Resolution files are commonly identified as having fewer pixels. This model works best with screenshots, images pulled from the web or images with 72 pixels per inch (ppi).
The Lines AI Model is good for architecture, typography, cityscapes, and any image with thick lines.
The Very Compressed AI Model is best used for images with a lot of compression artifacts. Use this for images saved at a small size, scanned images or old digital images.
Auto mode decides and suggests settings to enhance your photo by selecting an AI Model and/or Setting enhancements for you.
To select this mode, click on the toggle. A thunderbolt symbol will appear.
Auto Mode’s settings appear highlighted in the same yellow thunderbolt color shown in the right panel and in the file list next to each image.
To customize your settings, select the dropdown arrow.
- Minor Denoise - slightly suppresses noise
- Minor Deblur - minimizes motion or lens blur
- Fix Compression - reduces compression artifacts to improve details. This setting is enabled only when “Standard” and “High Fidelity” models are used. (Note: Fix Compression values are not visible in the list)
These options have a sliding degree of intensity. You can input a custom value from a scale of 1 to 100.
Apply color bleed reduction or face recovery to your images as an additional step.
- Face Recovery - detects and recover human faces. It works best on blurry, low resolution, or artifacted faces, but may remove detail from high-quality faces.
- Face Recovery Strength - drag the slider to control how sharp the recovered faces are relative to the background.
- Gamma Correction - processes the image in a higher gamma color space. For images with highly saturated colors, this can enhance AI outputs with more details and less color bleed.